Comet Panstarrs

In June 2011, Comet Panstarrs was discovered atop Mount Haleakala in Maui, Hawaii. I was excited to hear that it would be visible just after sunset this month, and that the moon would be there to guide me. Even though I still couldn’t see it by naked eye, I knew where it would be in the sky, and trusted that my camera would “see” it for me… and it did! Here is comet Panstarrs just after sunset in San Antonio, Texas on March 12th, 2013.

 

 

... and again on March 13th as it was about to set behind the tree line in New Braunfels, Texas...


... and on March 14th at sunset in San Antonio, Texas  again, with a blinking plane as special guest. Thank you Panstarrs for being a good sport. Good practice for Comet Ison in November!

 

Comet Panstarrs
March 12th - 14th, 2012
New Braunfels + San Antonio, Texas
Clear, avg. 80° F
Canon SX20 HS - various exposure times


2 comments :

  1. I love the picture of the comet and the moon. Very nice Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Luis! I appreciate that! :)

      Delete